I brought these to Sunday family dinner at my mom's, and they were a nice little addition to the table . If you ever need a quick, but delicious something to bring somewhere, these are a very worthy choice. They take about 40 minutes start to finish, and everyone I know loves chocolate covered strawberries!
- 2 pints strawberries
- 1 12 oz bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips (or any of your favorite chocolate)
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup (this makes the chocolate smooth and shiny)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- parchment paper or wax paper
1. Wash strawberries and pat them dry.
2. In a double broiler, melt the chocolate chips, butter and corn syrup together. Stir occasionally until the mixture is completely smooth.
*I don't own a double broiler, so I just make my own by using two sauce pans (1 medium and 1 small). You cannot melt the chocolate directly over the flame because it will burn.
Go to this site to see how: How to make a double broiler
3. Line a baking sheet with wax paper and when the chocolate mixture is totally smooth, remove the chocolate from the heat.
4. Dip the strawberries into the chocolate and set them on the wax paper.
*You can use your fingers to dip the strawberries, or you can put them on a skewer and dip them. The skewer method is good if you want them to dry in the air and not on the baking sheet, which can affect the way the chocolate shell looks.