Sunday, June 12, 2011

Renegade Craft Fair - DIY Market in Williamsburg (June 11th and 12th)


Renegade Craft in Williamsburg
 June 11-12 (11 a.m. - 7 a.m.)
McCarren Park (N. Bedford and 12th street)

Here is a link to their site:  Renegade Craft Fair 

If you haven't caught on yet, I am pretty obsessed with the concept of DIY.  That's why when my friend, Sahba, texted me yesterday morning telling me about this DIY craft fair in Williamsburg, I knew I had to go.  Despite the rainy weather and odd G service, we finally made it to the Burg, and the fair did not disappoint.  After exclaiming, "oohs and aahs" for over 300 vendors and their crafts, we walked away with a beautiful print for our kitchen and lasting inspirations.

The fair is only in Brooklyn for this weekend, so if you have time today, you should totally check it out. Amidst the amazingly talented artisans are workshop stations, where you can take part in the creative process, and make your own DIY project under their guidance and with their materials.  Not only was everything incredible to look at, but the sight of people coming together and creating together was more than inspiring.  Another reminder of why I love Brooklyn so much!

This week, I sold my old Nikon on craigslist and am waiting for my new Canon to arrive in the mail.  Words cannot even express how excited I am!  Even for just this short time, being without a camera makes me feel completely unprepared to venture out into the world.  However, life must go on.  Fortunately I had my hipstamatic to capture some of the beautiful crafts at the Renegade.   

No comments: